Notify customers about appointment cancellations (e.g. after they let you know they won't be able to come). You can also ask the customer to reschedule the appointment or use this message to advertise current offers.
What are the benefits?
Confirmation messages emphasise professional customer service. They also provide an additional advertising opportunity and incentive to book subsequent appointments.
In order to enable automatic appointment cancellation notification:
- Sign in as an administrator
- Click settings in the left sidebar
- Click the automatic messages button
- Click Appointment cancellation in the menu on the left:
- Click edit on the right:
- Select message type:
• Email - Only emails will be sent.
• SMS text - Only SMS texts will be sent.
• Prefer email - If the customer record includes a valid email address, an email will be sent. Otherwise an SMS text message will be sent.
• Prefer SMS text - If the customer record includes a valid phone number, an SMS text message will be sent. Otherwise an email will be sent.
• SMS and email - SMS texts and emails will be sent.
- Take a look at the message to see if it suits you. You can edit it or create a new message.
- Click the campaign status drop-down menu and select Campaign active:
- Click save changes.