After a gift card (or package) is purchased, an automatic confirmation message is sent to the buyer, which contains a thank-you message and the package/gift card details. A print-friendly copy of the gift card or package is included in the attachment.
By default, the notification is sent via email. You can edit the message and change the message type. You can also disable the notification at any moment.
In order to edit the automatic confirmation message settings:
- Sign in as an administrator or a receptionist
- Click settings in the main left sidebar
- Click gift cards and packages in the Add-on settings section
- Click Messaging in the left menu:
- Click edit settings in the right upper corner
- In the Delivery status field, determine if the message should be sent (select enabled) or not sent (select disabled)
- In the Send as field, select the preferred message type:
• email - only email message will be sent.
• prefer email - if a customer record contains an email address, an email message will be sent. Otherwise, an SMS text will be sent.
- Optionally, you can edit the message. Note that there are three separate messages - one for amount gift cards, the other for service gift cards and the last one for packages. To edit the specific message, click the proper tab:
To save your changes, click apply settings at the bottom of the page.