Versum allows you to send out bulk email messages (newsletters) to specific customer groups, all customers and employees. Only administrators and receptionists can send bulk messages.
Tip: You can send a bulk message of this type only to an existing customer group. In order to send a message to an ad-hoc list of recipients, use search criteria or simply select recipients in your customer base. > More about sending messages to an ad-hoc group
In order to send a bulk email message (newsletter):
- Sign in as an administrator or a receptionist
- Click messages in the left sidebar:
- Click send a bulk message in the right upper corner:
- In point 1. Type, click the drop-down menu and select email
- In point 2. Sender's email address, enter the email address the message will be sent from. It's recommended to use the main email address of your business. This is also the address the replies will be sent to.
- In point 3. Display name, make sure the name of your business is used. Recipients will see this name as the sender of the message.
- To create a new message, make sure 4. Template is set to New message. You can also use a template (the option Use a template will only be available if there are some templates created)
Tip: Once you send a bulk message, a template is automatically created based on that message.
- Enter the message. The email editor allows you to format the text, insert pictures, links etc. You can also use the first name and the last name buttons to make the message more personal (when the message is sent, these variables will be replaced with the recipient's actual name). Just place the cursor where the customer's name should be while typing and click the button to insert it:
Tip: If a message contains only pictures, it may be classified by the recipient's email provider as spam and blocked. Remember to use some text to avoid this.
- You can click preview below the message field to see how the message will look when sent
- Select the recipient group in point 4. We recommend sending the message to the test group first > More about the test group
- Select the dispatch time - you can either send the message immediately, or select the schedule radio button and choose the date and time when the message should be sent
- Click next step - you will see the message preview and message details (no. of recipients, total no. of text messages that will be sent etc)
- At this point, you can also still go back and introduce any required corrections - click change to do so. If all is as expected, click send email to x recipients / schedule email to X recipients, where X means the number of recipients. The message will be sent.