How does this restriction work?
Using this type of access restriction, you will make sure that employees will be able to sign in only from a particular device, such as a computer at the front desk.
When trying to sign in from an unauthorised device (e.g. a personal computer or a smartphone), an employee will be able to submit a request for device authorisation. The request will be sent to the administrator via email including the requestor and the device details. The administrator will be able to authorise the device by clicking a button within the email message.
What should I pay attention to?
In order to restrict access to a particular device, the information on this device is saved in the browser memory. If the browser memory is cleared, the device needs to be re-authorised. Otherwise access to Versum will not be possible on the device.
In order to set up the Device Authorisation access restriction
- Log in as an administrator
- Click settings in the left sidebar
- In the Add-on settings section, click access restriction
- Click Device Authorisation in the menu on the left:
- Click configure & activate in the right upper corner
- From the drop-down menu select the administrator who will receive emails with authorisation requests:
- In order to authorise the device you are using, click the authorise this device button:
- The device will be added to the list of authorised devices which you can see below the button
- Define which access levels the restriction should apply to. In the example below, the restriction applies to employees with extended access and receptionists, while employees with basic access are able to log in without any limitations:
- Click the dropdown menu at the bottom of the page and select restriction enabled:
- Click save.